High March is situated in Ledborough Lane, Beaconsfield, adjoining Penn Road, in three attractive houses. There are four acres of grounds, comprising a brand new, indoor, heated 20 metre swimming pool, a tennis and netball court, an all-weather playing area, lawns and flower gardens.
Excellent playing fields are available locally at Beaconsfield High School and these are used on a regular basis.
In 1926, Miss Warr and Miss Perkins bought a house called 'High March', just opposite the duckpond in Station Road, Beaconsfield, and opened a school for just twenty children. Thus, High March came into being. Only a year later, the school had outgrown its premises and the Founder Headmistresses moved their school to 23, Ledborough Lane, the site of Junior House today. Five years later, the Misses Warr and Perkins purchased 3, Ledborough Lane, where Upper School is located today, to support the school's flourishing growth.
By 1948, High March had expanded to take about one hundred children and when the decision was taken by the Misses Warr and Perkins to sell the School, Mr and Mrs Anderson, the grandparents of the current owners, were able to realise their dream of establishing a school where high standards would be achieved against a backdrop of kindness and friendship.
High March is a very happy and thriving independent day school for girls aged from rising three to eleven, in which every child is truly valued for her contribution and encouraged to grow in confidence. The aim of the School is to provide a nurturing environment and the means for the full development of every child under our care. Great attention is paid to the progress and happiness of every child.
The School is divided into two sections: Junior House takes girls from rising three to seven (Nursery to Year 2) whilst Upper School includes girls from seven to eleven (Years 3 to 6). With the exception of our younger Nursery (for girls aged from rising three), there are two parallel classes in each year group. Classes are limited to a maximum of twenty girls. A maximum number of four boys enter each of the two Upper Nursery classes for a period of one year only.
The Headmistress is supported by a Senior Management Team and by well-qualified, caring and dedicated staff and an experienced Board of Governors.