Sunday 4th February 2018
We have just returned to the hotel after another wonderful day’s skiing. The weather was much clearer today with some sunshine and beautiful views of the valley and mountains and all the girls continued to make excellent progress. As we write, the girls are all changing and relaxing before supper. Later this evening we are going to the indoor swimming pool complex, just ten minutes’ walk from the hotel, where the girls are looking forward to swimming in the open air and trying out the flumes and the wave pool.
Here are a few comments from the girls about today:-
- The beginners’ group skied on the real mountains, the red and blue slopes. We had our first time on the chair lifts, which we really enjoyed. We had such a fun day and we can’t wait for tomorrow.
- It was the first time the intermediates went on one of the hardest slopes on the main mountain. We played loads of fun games on our skis and we went on the highest chair lift. We are using our poles! We had an amazing day!
- Today the advanced group went to the top of the mountain! There, we did lots of fun drills, such as relays. We also used the T-bar lift. Everyone had so much fun and we are exhausted.
- It was a really long journey, but it was definitely worth it! So far, I’ve been having so much fun; the food is amazing and so are the people! Everyone should be sooo proud as we all went to the top of the mountain today!
- Today was so much fun! I learned how to jump on skis and I only fell over once! I’m so happy I came!
- Today was the best day ever! We went down the icy, bumpy mountain and with many falls and fun, we made it back safely!
Time for supper and swimming now!