Monday 5th February 2018
Our third day of skiing dawned bright and clear and everyone was ready in record time to make the short journey to Flachau. All four groups headed straight for the chairlifts this morning and the speedy, efficient space jet lift meant that we were all up the mountain and beginning our first run soon after 10am.
We all met for lunch today in the Jandlalm again – a favourite with the girls as it is self-service and they can select a hot dish to supplement their packed lunch if they wish. After eating and playing in the snow, everyone enjoyed a full afternoon of skiing in wonderful conditions - soft, powdery snow and beautiful views. Some of the girls have written a few lines about their day:-
- Today was the best. I was in the advanced group and we had a lot of fun. I am so excited and I am so happy I came.
- Today, all the groups managed to use the chair lifts in the morning and ski down the mountain. Today went so quickly!
- Today was a really good day. We went off piste and on bumps. I fell over a few times but I didn’t care because I was having so much fun!
- Today was really fun. We went over so many bumps and jumped a lot. We went from the top all the way to the bottom of the mountain. It was really exciting!
- Today, my group went up to the top of the mountain on the chairlifts. We had a yummy lunch of spaghetti and chips. After lunch we did loads of ‘off piste’ and we fell a lot!
- Skiing in Austria is so fun because today we went to the top of the mountain. I had spaghetti bolognaise for lunch and it was really delicious. I can’t wait for tomorrow.
Everyone is looking forward to bowling tonight and another action-packed day tomorrow.